Thursday, January 17, 2013

Local McDonald's Review

Okay, so I got $10, a big appetite, and little regard for my health. Where am I going to go? Obviously, I’m heading to the local McDonalds. Now I understand McDonalds isn't all that bad, as a matter of fact, I absolutely love the food. But that’s the problem, you can’t love McDonalds, or else 15 years from now you’ll be asking your doctor for a heart transplant and Ronald to pay for it. The other day I had the chance to stop by one my local McDonald’s and I thought to myself, “why not share this experience with the internet?!” So here it is: the evaluation of my local McDonalds.

Walking through the front door (the one that mirrors Rt.59) I immediately inhale the french-fry aroma as well as whatever chemical they use to clean the floors and tables. I decided to walk in because the drive-through line was similar to that of a black Friday sale at Wal-Mart. Inside, however, there is a much shorter line with people moving and sitting down at a decent pace. There is a split atmosphere in the restaurant: the lobby/eating area emits a sort of chillness, and makes you want to hangout while the line/menu area emits a pressure feeling, and almost causes a nervous sweat right as the cashier asks for your order.

Being an experienced McDonald’s enthusiast, I was able to avoid being overcome by the “there’s a long line” pressure and ordered like a champ, “I’ll have 2 McChickens with cheese, a grilled ranch snack wrap, medium fry, and a large drink. Thank you.” My food was ready within minutes of giving my money to the cashier, so I was able to find a nice seat near a mounted flat screen and a window. In other words, even with the charging masses McDonalds was still able to provide me with a decent meal quickly. Also, the crew members were friendly, and even if they were faking their smiles it was still convincing enough during the extent of my visit.

Overall, I’d say that this McDonalds in particular earns at least a B. While eating, it definitely is a chill place to sit and the free Wi-Fi is a great touch as well. The crew members are friendly and usually get your order right, except the drive-through isn't too accurate. If you’re ever strolling through Shorewood (shown in the map on the main page) and are looking for a quick lunch or a few minutes to kill, I recommend you stopping by my local McDonalds.

By the way, here's the link to check out what the restaurant actually looks like! http://www.mcillinois.com/32786


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment